To create the harness, I first took in game reference images from Overwatch of Mercy's harness. I then created my base lines in Adobe Illustrator in proportion to my back. I next imported my lines into a 3D modeling CAD program called Rhino 6. Once I was happy with how the harness looked, I then printed it on my Prusa i3 mk2 3D printer in ABS filament. Next I cut out four carbon fiber tubes and Epoxy them to the 3D printed harness. The carbon fiber tubes are very important because they are strong and will be the part that holds the wings in place while also making it possible to have them be removable. To remove the "stair step" look that you get from 3D printing, I sprayed 2 coats of Sandable Primer (sanding each layer). Once dry I airbrushed everything a base coat of white. Next I used masking tape to prep for painting silver & black. Once dry, I removed the tape and covered up the silver painted parts & painted it hot pink. I then covered up the hot pink parts I painted the rest of the harness a pink airbrush color. For detail on the piece I used black acrylic paint. Next step is to sew the leather straps to the harness & attach three one side squeeze buckles. The final step is the dye the leather straps pink using Eco Flo Cova Color and then the harness was done!
Mercy’s wings (Pink skin)- overwatch
Wings Part I
To create the wings, I first took in game reference images from Overwatch of Mercy's wings. I then created my base lines in Adobe Illustrator (template available on my website, link below). I next imported my lines into a 3D modeling CAD program called Rhino 6 to create my bone structure. Once I was happy with how the bone structure looked, I then printed it on my Prusa i3 mk2 3D printer in ABS filament. Next, I cut out the wing's blades, 20 of them, out of foam mat with an exacto blade. After, I used a hot knife to carve a negative space in the foam mat for the bone structure to sit inside of the wing blades. I then used contact cement glue to glue each of the two blades & bone structure in place. Using my template as reference, I marked guild lines and then carved the wings into shape with a retractable utility knife. I next sanded the blades with a sanding drum & sand paper. To add details to the wings I used an exacto blade & then heat treated them with a heat gun. I then used Kwik Seal to fill any unwanted cracks & seams and sprayed three coats of Plasti Dip and let dry. Next, I airbrush painted the blades silver, followed by black for the details. Then, I got the rest of my 3D printed components of the main wing structure & epoxied the pieces to carbon fiber tubes (the carbon fiber tubes allows the wings to fully disassemble from each section as well as add additional strength). Next I epoxied the bone structure in the blades to the main bone structure of the wings. The last step for this video is to paint the bone structure black & add velcro!
Wings Part II
To create the wings, I first took in game reference images from Overwatch of Mercy's wings. I then created my base lines in Adobe Illustrator (template available on my website, link below). Next, I cut out my pieces out of 4 & 8mm EVA foam using an exacto knife and drew on my guide lines. Once everything was cut, I sanding the pieces with my sanding drum. Next, I heat treated each of my pieces and then glued them together using contact cement glue. When everything was one piece I checked my fit with my template and then used Kwik Seal to fill any unwanted cracks & seams. I then sprayed the wings with three coats of Plasti Dip and let dry. To paint the wings, I first masked off sections with masking tape & then airbrush painted the wings silver then black. Next, I removed the tape & masked over the silver painted areas. I next airbrush painted the wings a base coat of white, followed by hot pink & then pink. Once all the paint was dry, I removed the masking tape and added details with black & silver acrylic paint. The final step was to add the velcro to the under side of the wings to attach to the bone structure of the rest of the wings and then the wings were done!